The more I talk about Next Gen. Computers, the less it sounds. Where can I start from while talking about computers? In the beginning computers were a wiry and cumbersome device that occupied a whole room. They used to be run based on codes and programs only that now seem obsolete. They are gone now and there is no room for such chunky devices. What we have these are sophisticated and small, even at times handheld devices that are called computers. Yes e have moved on and so has the whole concept.
The next generation of computer
The fifth generation of computers is getting developed as we speak of it. Someone somewhere is working on it and trying to develop that future perfect computer which will make our lives easier. As it is right from a student, businessman, employee, children, doctor to an engineer has started to work computers. Come on it has certainly made our lives easy and simple with its computing and programs. The next generation is based on artificial intelligence, parallel processing, nanotechnology and Quantum computation. These computers are supposed to be ready with applications like that of voice recognition. As of now we all are waiting for such a revolution once again that can make a huge impact in our lives.
Talking about computers brings us to another topic that of servers that would need high maintenance all the more. The reason for this lies in the very fact that these high end computers would need highly maintained servers as well. The basic rules of the game would to be the same with some more addition to it for sure. Here are a few Special tips for improving poor performances of servers:
- User support – This is more about ensuring that the number of users logged into a server is in sync with the load it can take. In simple words number should match configuration as it can enhance the performance of any server.
- Keep servers updated – That is very true again as the kind of server you work on should be always updated. This is a basic necessity that will make sure that your server is well maintained and thus will help n smoother performance.
- Augment network – This could be done by breaking up LAN into multiple segments to segregate traffic of user load. Another thing could be added to this by developing configuration of the network as per requirement.
- Use partitioned servers – Powerful configuration can be controlled by partition of servers for the good of all. This will increase scalability of users which means effortless functioning of servers without much of a difficulty.
- Changing network protocol to IP – This is like shifting base as this can certainly lend a helping hand to make things better in the best possible ways. Even 2 years back vendors had been using SPX and NetBIOS but at present the same vendors have moved on to IP that has considerably shown results.
- Use of disk drives – Vendors nowadays are using a standard disk space of 2GB for Windows NT systems and 4 to 8 GB for IBM Netfinity and Solaris systems. This definitely has made changes and revealed better quality of performance by servers.
- Utilization of faster CPUs – Come on this is self explanatory that using the latest version of CPU can actually help increase the performance of servers quite apparently. This depends on the kind of work you are into and depending on the prerequisites you can indubitably get the CPU that can do wonders to that server you have always wanted to work well.